29 October 2013

TV Shootie Style

Preface

For the past month or so, I have been working nearly exclusively in my company's shoe department. My co-workers think I'm crazy, but that's ok. I'm used to people thinking I'm crazy. lol

Until the first week of my transition into the Shoe Department Expert was complete, I had completely forgotten about my childhood dream of working for Fred Toenges Shoe Store here in Fort Wayne. For anyone not local or have never visited the Fort, Fred Toenges is a shoe store like none other here. Not only do you find fantastic fashionable shoes for the whole family, but they work with those with special footwear needs. At Fred Toenges, you are bound to find a good quality shoe that is going to last and be good for your overall health and well-lived lifestyle. This is where I formed my passion for shoes.

That being said, I take a different approach to the shoe department than many of my predecessors. In their defense of course is the fact that they were required to deal with another department as well as the shoe area. There's only so much attention a Department Lead can contribute to Shoes when you have to take care of the Mens or Kids department as well. As for me, I am "Shoes", not "& Shoes". I can take the time to get to know the shoes we carry, the pros and cons of each piece of footwear, the clientele, and the health benefits or problems with each pair.

TV Junkie

One of my favorite shows to watch is Elementary starring Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu, chronicling a modern day Sherlock Holmes and a female Dr. Watson as though Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had not written them into the early 1900s of our world. The phrase "No S***, Sherlock" has therefore not been invented. On Facebook, I have stated my love for all things Sherlockian, so I will not go into that here again. Besides, this blog entry is about SHOES.

Lucy Liu has always been a fashion icon. She is simply gorgeous in every stitch of clothing she dons. It could be an outfit the rest of us would look like crap in, but she... well, she'd make sackcloth look good! This past spring, I noticed Lucy's footwear. I thought it odd, but fantastically sexy and cute all at the same time. Lucy is only 5'3" (I am 5'1.75" so understand the plight of the vertically challenged) next to Jonny's 5'11". Heeled boots and shoes are a must.

(Please Note: if I have snagged your image from Google Search, have not placed a link back to you and you would like me to include one, feel free to drop me a line. I do not remember all the sites I snagged these from but have done my best to recreate the memories.)

Footwear Makeover

Once I entered the world of shoes... I finally had a name for Lucy's fantastic footwear: Shooties! They are typically a dress-heeled shoe that resembles a boot until the ankle. Some extend slightly past the ankle with a chunky boot heel. These are called Booties. Lucy wears them both with aplomb.

from TheBrunetteOne.com

1. Wedge Sneakers

Not a Bootie or a Shootie, but still a fantastic new style this year. There are cheap knock offs everywhere, but for long lasting style and durability as well as wondrous comfort, I recommend buying a designer or name brand shoe. Madden Girl, Mia, Wanted, Roxy, Puma, Adidas, and even Converse have some fantastic looking styles of Wedge Sneakers.

from DSW.com
I personally own this exact shoe in black and love them to bits! I even wore them for an 8 hour retail shift and by the end of the day, my calves were a bit "worked out" but my feet felt fantastic. (Keep in mind that I got them on clearance with an employee discount so I didn't have to pay the $40 price tag.)

2. Booties

Sometimes we just cannot figure out where to put the pant leg, i.e.: in or out of the boot? Or when wearing a pair of tights, will it look right with the calf covered with a boot? And really, who has time to lace up or struggle into a pair of traditional knee high boots? Enter Booties.
from DSW.com
Option #2 is a standard street level sole like this Madden Girl slip on bootie. I have tried this one on and must say that I cannot decide which to get, black or cognac. Both colors are fantastic. One I could wear with half my closet while the other color would get the other half. This is not the style of shoe though that I would wear at my work, so it's still a dream of "Mama Wants" and not a loving member of my shoe family yet. This bootie can function any night on the town, all day at a family get together, spring, summer, fall, or winter. Working on your feet all day in these is not recommended.

3. Shooties


from DSW.com
Option #3 is a platform level sole like any of the Unlisted by Kenneth Cole line. Again, not a shoe I would wear to work in all day, but a cute & sexy out-on-the-town shoe.
image from DSW.com

4. Booties (Again!)

Option #4 is a more traditional boot look, but with the ankle length for us on the go moms and professionals. Again, have tried this one on and cannot decide between the black and tan that my store carries. Also not a working shoe.

The following images are more of Lucy wearing Shooties and Booties, gleaned from Google Search.
from TheBrunetteOne.com








Even guest star Natalie Dormer (as Irene Adler/Moriarty) rocks some lovely Booties!

So all in all, the newest trend of the season in stores, television, and the World Wide Web is Shooties & Booties. Any season of the year, Booties and Shooties should be a staple in your wardrobe. But hurry fast to your local shoe department or shoe store! This is the only time of year to find a fantastic selection.

~Her Royal Pinkness, Elizabeth I

No comments: