02 October 2013

Tragedy in the Ward

I have four best friends in my adulthood besides my new husband. I am a terrible best friend in that way of not finding enough time in my life to spend time with them. They understand but still.
So about a month ago, the eldest of my four best friends had a medical emergency that slipped him into such a state that doctors decided to medically induce a coma. Within a week, his and my beautiful half-Australian Cattledog Bruno passed away at 14 years old.
That same week, the youngest of my four best friends who happens to be pregnant with a miracle surprise baby found out that her oldest sister passed away from complications of a gastric bypass surgery. Then her poor step-daughter who has struggled for so long with a whacked out mother and who has come so far in her rebound of that situation had to be hospitalized in a psychiatric facility.
So the two middle best friends had better not get in touch with me and tell me they have had terrible life setbacks that I failed to pick up on that week. Cause that'll mean I'm next...
The good news is of course that he's recovered from the coma and in rehab and the step-daughter is home and recovering in the loving environment of her dad and stepmom.
Oh wait... does the government "shutdown" and the "healthcare" requirement count has tragedies?

No comments: