26 October 2013

Freddie the Whimsical Night Watchman

My wonderful husband has two odd obsessions. One started some time between when we were young lovers and when we reconnected as adults. He likes Santa Claus's. So every Christmas I buy him another "Ho-Ho".

After the kids got us to watch Gnomeo & Juliet, his new obsession in Gnomes. Last year his sister and I both bought him a gnome for his birthday, June 24th.. This year I abstained from purchasing a gnome because 1.) I didn't like any of the gnomes that came in at my work and 2.) instead of buying him a gnome, I married him the next day.

Our three pink bunnies have barely survived my husband and have been patched up several times now. So, since my arrival to our home, all wind chimes and ceramic/cement lawn decorations come indoors for the winter. They are washed off, wrapped carefully and put into boxes in the attic. This year, I noticed that the gnome with the lantern from my sister-in-law was a little faded.
Before
After a year outside, this little guy needed a makeover. So I asked my step-daughter to repaint his hat. It turned into a complete makeover from head to toe.

After
With a makeover and since he's not the only gnome in the yard, he needed a name. Found Chimpage: Gnome Name Generator, and now his name is Freddie the Whimsical Night Watchman.

Another look at a side by side Before & After Pic: 

We need more things to paint!

No comments: