03 January 2019

Deleting Mom on a Narrow Path Weebly Blog

I had a blog at Weebly called "Mom on a Narrow Path". There is a lot to digest with that thought process and maybe someday I'll go through and explain it, but don't hold your breath. Earlier today I already explained my ability to follow through on things like that.

But so as to not lose my thoughts that I had 'back then', let alone when that when was (make sense?), I copied and pasted everything, adjusted dates, uploaded images and PowerPoints elsewhere... Essentially transported the whole thing over here. Thankfully, there were just as few posts over there as there were here before this morning, so it only took me 2-3 hours. I think I'm going to continue to hang out here at Blogger. It remains to be seen if I head out to the rest of the blogosphere and pull everything else here too, to centralize my thoughts. Some may be lost to the ether. I'm okay with that. Some will make no sense here, particularly my old LiveJournal Icons stuff. I'm okay with that too.

So anyway. In some of those posts, I tried to catch all the references to a "Clark", a short lived blogging nickname I had for my son. I'm still debating the use of a nickname or his actual name... Frankly, I'm just not sure how to approach his anonymity. So if there's a reference to "Clark", and references to anything at all relating to my son... I only have one. I have several stepdaughters, former and current, as well as a former stepson. But I'm not so sure how I want to handle all that. Other moms are so careful in their blogs about their children's privacy and I'm one of those people who WYSIWYG really applies (What You See Is What You Get, for those of you who are not familiar with web design lingo,)

Anyway, I'm saving the headline and About information here as well. On a side note, round about June of last year, I lowered my reading goal back to 100, and ended the year with only 55 books read. Not bad. I challenged my son to read 100 as well... He didn't keep up to date on checking them off. That's okay. He's learning how to navigate social media and apps. We'll get there.

TTFN


Weebly Headline

Matthew 7:13-14

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Weebly About Page

The basics:

Name: Elizabeth mK
Location: northeast Indiana
Education:
  • Central Lutheran School, New Haven, Indiana (Class of 1994)
  • Concordia Lutheran High School, Fort Wayne, Indiana (Class of 1998)
  • University of Phoenix Online, Graduated 2017
    • Associates of Arts with Concentration in Accounting
Household: Husband, Stepdaughter, Son
Pets (Also pictured below):
  • Tigger (2000-2017)
    • American Longhair/Shorthair Orange Tabby Mix
  • Mia (2001)
    • Seal Point Himalayan Persian 
  • Lizzy (2008-2018)
    • Border Jack (Border Collie/Jack Russell)
  • Bailey (2016)
    • Shollie (Border Collie/Shepherd)

Tigger
Mia

Lizzy

Bailey


Additional information:
  • I grew up on a dairy farm with a lot of cats that I tamed and named.
    • Tigger and Mia are my 114th and 116th cats respectively. 
    • I tamed and rode Holstein steers and bulls, because I really wanted a horse.
  • I homeschool my son through Indiana Connections Academy since 2014.
    • He started in 4th grade.
    • He has ADHD, anxiety, and is possibly on the autistic spectrum, though extremely high functioning if so.
  • I enjoy reading, cross stitch, yoga, DIY, and farming.
    • I am trying to read 100 books in 2018. 
      • (~^..^~ Edit: Upped to 200 books as of April 2018 ~^..^~)
  • Cross stitch has been ever present in my life; still working on many projects.
  • I wish I had space for a home fitness room so I could do yoga more often.
  • I am constantly starting DIY projects, a small percentage actually get finished.
  • If I could live solely off the land, I would.




No comments: