03 May 2014

Welcome to Narrow Path!

(Originally posted to Narrow Path Home Study blog on Weebly, now deleted.)

We finally posted our little Home Study Website. Starting May 12th, the kids will start checking the site for any study projects and/or research they need to do. Since neither child has had much experience with the internet other than to play games, I decided to set up their home study responsibilities as close to their Connections Academy responsibilities as possible. We still have to finish orientation, but we are well on our way to becoming Home School parents, though Connections is still considered a Public School.

May 1st, we attended an Informational Meeting at Indiana Wesleyan University here in Fort Wayne. 90% of the information was not new to me, however, my husband and the children were hearing it for the first time from someone other than me. When I explain things to them, I tend to get tuned out. The main presenter was a 6th and 7th grade Math teacher for INCA. By the end of the session, Victoria was somewhat excited about the idea of going to this school. This is of course after about four weeks of hearing her mouth off about how it was "the Dumbest Idea Ever!" I heard her from the back seat muttering "I hope she's my math teacher!"

Keeping fingers crossed!
~Mom on a Narrow Path

No comments: