23 October 2019

Unplanned Blurb #499: Unemployed Productivity

As I am now officially and unfortunately unemployed, it is amazing how much around the house is actually getting done, both in our home and at my father's house. When you haven't a job, all those things you were too tired to do while you were working are getting done. But who can afford to live this way for very long? Definitely not my family.


I've been up for two hours and already have washed my husband's laundry and it is currently drying. I've refilled all my gourmet coffees. For those who I have never mentioned it to, ie: everybody, I buy my flavored coffees in whole bean and grind as necessary. I keep approximately a pint Mason jar full of ground in the cupboard with a small clamp lid jar above the actual coffee maker. One of these days I'll photograph my process and how I drink coffee, but not today. It seems like it has a lot of steps and is more hassle than it's worth, but it's my little way of enjoying my coffee by the cup, without filling the landfill with a bunch of useless trash in the form of millions of K-cups.

I read a bit more of Rick Riordan's The Red Pyramid, the first in the Kane series. I'm 90% done. I keep forgetting I have it checked out in my Libby app. I have a lot of entertainment indulgences on tap. I did mention yesterday my Star Trek and similar works visual binge. There's also all the books I want to read. There's only so many hours in the day. I have to fit them into everything else somehow, but c'est la vie.

Last night, I managed to clean the kitchen sink and counter up really, really good, vacuum the entire house, plan today, check all my emails, clean a bag of clothes I had stored at my father's, and all after taking my father to a GP appointment in the morning, donate some unused homeschooling supplies to a friend's teacher friends during the noon hour, and back to my father's for a visit with a social worker in the afternoon. If I had been working, I would have had to request the day off for my father's appointments, but rather than get everything else done, would have caught up on sleep that I missed getting on days that end in Y.

Now I'm off to clean the drawer of lids and the floor underneath the drawer. Wish me luck.

I still have to dump some old dirt from my father's basement, do some shopping for him, finish my husband's laundry, pump up my father's tires, clean his house and garage siding, powerwash his porch, and paint some more of his kitchen cabinet doors. So much to get done.

No comments: