21 August 2008

Chicago Bears - Preseason Week 3

It is with utter joy and ecstatic jubilation I bring my Rex Grossman bitching to a temporary close. As my LiveJournal readers are aware, when it comes to the Bears, I have but two complaints. One, is Rex Grossman. The second, that the coach refused to take him out of the starting position in the 2006-07 season. He blundered. And kept blundering. Tsk Tsk.

The way it looked to my unseasoned eye during the '06 season, the QB just couldn't rally the offense to his lead.

Without knowing anything about the '07 season, it's not surprising to find out that he was demoted to No. 2 last September.

And now... Lo and behold, Grossman lost out on starting QB position to Kyle Orton. Now I know nothing about Orton, but I'm not like the majority of voters out there. I'm not going to just stick with what we got just cause I know how he's going to screw the American public. I'll go with the new guy who wants to change things. I'm not much of a status quo girl unless it's friggin' working.

Plus, seeing how I predicted early in the '96 season who would go all the way to the Super Bowl to win, as well as saying, "If Coach leaves Rex as starting QB, they will lose." for the 2007 SuperBowl... Hm... Methinks I might be psychic after all.

So the Bears, Chicago, and Soldier field welcome the San Fransisco 49ers tonight (game on FOX at 8:00 pm, yes, I'm late tuning in), we'll see how Orton handles for the first 3 quarters with the rest of the first string.

~Later!

No comments: