10 February 2019

Busy Little Bee

I know I said one of my goals is to blog more, and I still intend to hold to that. This past week has been a little busy.

I spent a shift at another of our local stores helping out to prepare for inventory. I was sick the day after. Then there's planning for the podcast. I ordered The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan from Barnes & Noble, using the rest of my Christmas gift card. I restarted my Bujo and finally got around to fleshing some tracking pages for television watching and book reading. I deep cleaned the shower and been trying to keep up on dishes. I also filed our taxes. I also set up a reading journal where I can keep track of notes and thoughts I have while reading books for fun, for my son and I's mini book club, and for the podcast.

Really, all the little things we do in a day. All the little things that need done. All the little things we want to do. The projects that need to be done to keep a home going and the little projects we do to keep us sane.

I'm also tossing around an idea for a The Feminine Quirk logo. And debating on an accompanying blog. When the taxes come in, I'm going to have to look into sharing the cost with Becca on a few things for recording. I can't let her shoulder the cost; she's in school for her Master's after all.

And of course tags are due for the vehicles this month. Nothing quite like living paycheck to paycheck and having big dreams at the same time.

So this was just a little update to let you know I'm still around and alive.

P.S. The other resolution, to game more? Yup. Doing just fine with that one. Finished off Wysteria in Wizard101. What I love about these games, besides that they are designed for kids, with internet safety in mind, is that every player is so helpful to others. I 'made a friend' a couple of weeks ago, who is a much higher level than I am who swooped in to help me out on a couple of rough tasks. Wouldn't have made it through them without him. Why is it that we treat our online worlds as a community, where it takes a village to survive, but we fail to treat our offline worlds the same? That may be a good topic for a podcast...

No comments: