18 February 2015

Narrow Path is Defunct

(Originally posted to Narrow Path Home Study blog on Weebly, now deleted.)

As much of a great idea as Narrow Path was, the kids just were not receptive. They do not want to learn. In fact, the only reason they learn anything or do any school work is because they are required to. Granted our Home Study was required by the parents, but as far as they are concerned, they can disregard anything parents say is required. It means nothing. It means less than nothing.

So as great as my intentions were, and as much fun as it could have been to have a family learning experience, I have found that in blended families where behavioral and learning problems abound, the sooner a home learning initiative is started the better.

I keep meaning to get back here and attempt to integrate my Narrow Path plans into their INCA school work, or I should say integrate the INCA into Narrow Path in order to make their learning experience more fun and engaging with better results, time gets away from me and between my own college education and my full time work schedule, it has been impossible.

They say life is what happens while you make plans, and the best laid plans... What is the rest of that quote anyway?

In the end, I'm a Mom on a Narrow Path all by myself, without the joy of bringing my children with me for the joyous adventure. So this is why so many learners are solitary creatures!

Respectfully Yours,
Mom on a Narrow Path

No comments: