30 August 2004

Pink?

"Pink? PINK? But Elizabeth... You HATE Pink!"

Yes, I know I do. Therefore I used it! I'm being really ornery today.

So a rant about the color pink, the very color in this blog... Pink is about the most ridiculous color ever invented. I have two daughters, and everyone gave me tons of pink clothes for them. I'm sorry, but my oldest has red hair. Bright red hair! You don't put hot pink on a little girl with that bright of red-orange hair!

Baby Pink and Baby Blue. What is up with that? We are forcing our children to think of things in black and white standards, when the world is all shades of gray!

Take my younger brother Jarrod for instance. I wanted Mom to buy me Micro Machines instead of the standard Barbies and My Little Ponies. Jarrod wanted the 'girl toys' apparently, because every time I asked to play with his 'boy toys', he'd give his consent, but only if I'd let him play with my Barbies. My friends' brothers did the same thing, but ripped the heads off and tore their clothes off. Not Jarrod... No siree. He color coordinated their clothes and fashioned their hair in rather becoming styles.

The idea of gender-orientated colors and toys should be eliminated from our society. All it has managed to do is confuse the hell out of some very sweet and caring people. I suppose I should say more on this, but it irritates me so much, that right now I can barely see straight.

So I'll leave it with, yes, I'm using pink for this blog. But I'm also a rights activist, one of the main ones I fight for being the rights of the homosexual community. I don't feel like messing with the html of this template, otherwise the color scheme would be rainbow! So I think Pink will just have to do.

No comments: